Decorating Your House for Spring
Last weekend saw the clocks spring forward, and with that in mind many of us shift the focus to our homes and updating them ready for the sunnier days ahead. It is easy to get stuck in a rut with your interior décor. So if you’re thinking of decorating your house for spring, just how do you refresh your home without breaking the budget but also making the most of your space and the current industry trends?
Here are some top tips on how to freshen up your home:-
- Use Foliage – faux plants have come a long way since the days of drab dreary fabric roses. Nowadays you can get some fabulous statement plants such as banana leaves, palms, philodendron leaves that are low maintenance and a great way to add impact and freshness to a room. Add in a bright, colourful statement vase and you can easily update them throughout the year or as your colour scheme changes. Check out Geo-fleur.com for ideas on how to use real plants around your home, and consider adding plants to your bedroom as certain ones such as aloe vera have been proven to help aid sleep.
- Move it all around – buying new furniture is expensive, but moving furniture around and trying new layouts is not. Re-arranging the floor plan of a room in your home is the ultimate no-cost decorating makeover. Just by changing where the sofa is, or shifting around a table can change your space and make it feel brand new.
- Bring in some colour – whether it is adding colourful accessories or creating a feature wall using a bold bright statement wallpaper this is one of the most fun and easiest ways to update your room for spring. Sites such as Maison Du Monde are a great inspiration hub and our New Arrivals section has the latest designer wallpaper collections making it easy for you get the hottest looks for your home.
- Freshen up your walls – nothing freshens up a room more than taking down the old décor and bringing in something new. Whether you want to tap into the trend for geometrics, go bold with botanical prints, or bring the glamour of glitter wallpaper into your home new wallpaper is the ultimate way to update your home for spring. You could even get really creative and use designer wallpaper to create a statement ceiling or even cover panels in a wardrobe.
- Let there be light – with the lighter nights it is lovely to be able to embrace the evening sunshine and welcome the warm glow into your home and changing up your fabrics to lighter options such as linens and high quality cottons will make spaces feel light and airy.
- Go ‘au naturelle’ – in winter we want to surround ourselves with rich autumnal tones and heavy fabrics such as faux fur, velvets and satin. Spring and summer are all about the lighter fabrics and textures; think fringes, feathers, tassels, natural fibres. Introducing natural materials, such as sisal or mica wallpapers is a great way to create tactile surfaces and interest to walls and floors.
Even though the weather for the Easter bank holiday doesn’t look fantastic, this does in fact provide the perfect opportunity for a bit of home renovation and DIY, and with up to 30% off selected nature inspired wallpapers in our Easter Sale we’ve done our bit to make it more affordable than ever to bring the designer’s choice into your home.
Plus just think of the calories you can burn off doing a bit of strenuous wallpapering – meaning you can of course indulge in a few extra Easter eggs as a reward.